Friday 26 December 2014

Day trip to Cape Liptrap



Another summer day and we were heading toward one of the most magnificent coastal parks in Victoria the Cape Liptrap. Picturesque drive through country and green fields consequently transferred us into the peaceful and relaxed frame of mind.
I embrace the thrill of this indulgence and delight. My expectation was towering even steeper of what lay ahead. We disembark and witness the almost abandoned stretching shore with it breathtaking scenery. The sky is a mixture of the paint stain of turquoise, milky and ashen and that is simultaneously stunning and fascinating.
Then my attention flips to the explosion of the waves, the roar, the blast and the crash of tides. When we stroll onward we witness people doing the twist and hunt in the shallow water. It was not some peculiarly rare surf dance cult in action; they were as a matter of fact hunting for pipis.

The art is to wander down to approximately half way between the constant water zone and the arid sand and then kickoff performing the twist.
The general rule is to detect one and then will commonly be others adjoin.

                                    

Pipis are shellfish that tend to live in the surf zone on spacious beaches. Some people use them as bait for a range of ocean and estuary species; others cook them in various compelling and intriguing ways. The real thrill of eating pipis is the knowing that you found them yourself, someplace on the coast, on your little stretch of Aussie beach.
We agreed to endeavour our karma next time.

We pursue with our walkabout.
Summer-like fresh, crisp and raw breeze were fondling and kissed my skin. All my senses are on bursting alert, and it is sensational and electrifying in sync. I acknowledge saltiness on my lips and in the breeze. I attempt to inhale the breath of the wind to recollect of what it revives. It transforms me back to this warm and cozy place where I so often run away when trying to relax. I found this spot, and I need to memorise it for inevitable reference. I am so happy that I elect to go through synonyms of high spirits in my mind. There are innumerable, and that is ecstatic.
What a phenomenal day…













No comments:

Post a Comment